Sunday 5 February 2012

Pre-Production: Production Log Week 1

1.Minimal     2.Basic    3.Proficient    4.Excellent

Those four words are the definitions between the four different levels.
Which basically equate to

1.Hardly bothered at all   2.Did it but might as well of just left it  3.Done it with some skill      4.Smashed it.


Putting this knowledge in to action I marked some work from the previous year... These are the notes I got from that exercise.





CLICHE.
Waking up, then getting ready.
Flashbacks.

I'll be sure to use neither of these two cliches in my opening sequence, having these included would just take any real flare of creativity or originality away from my work. I've been looking at different sort of ways to go.
These cliche opening usually open the film up slowly and softly. I'd like more of a punch, a little shock, possibly something quite controversial.



I love the contrast between the fast pace chase scene/fast pace football shots and then the very slow smoking scene. Also the way the voiceover perfectly joins the two moods together. This is something I will definitely be looking in to with my opening. It's edgy and jumpy and sets the tone of the film perfectly.


I really like the layout of Gemma's blog, she has a nice way of display her work. However I'm going to try and be a little more creative with my blog, hopefully using video to present a lot of my ideas in a fun way.

TITLES TITLES TITLES.

From looking at previous work I can't say I've found one example of titles that I've thought "Yeah, that's class." I'm going to put quite a bit of effort in to getting my titles looking good, linking in with the themes of my film. I really like these opening credits from Rock n Rolla.
They freeze frame and then stylise the image adding the actors names or characters names. I did a similar thing in my GCSE trailer task. So I probably won't be going for this technique as it doesn't tie in to the conventions of a British Social Realism film, but I'd like to use aspects of this technique and adapt it accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment